Beautifully simple to make, beautiful flavors, come on now–just look at that color!
Yup, you need this salad dressing in your life. Yes, even if you think you don’t like beets, this is the perfect place to start.
Brace yourself for the awesomeness of beets…
A cup full of beets packs a serious nutritional punch! They are a great source of folate, manganese, potassium, copper, magnesium, iron and B6. You can read more about how amazing beets are for your health here!
Ever wonder what gives beets that amazing magenta hue?
They’re called betalin pigments and they are kind of amazing. These pigments support your body’s Phase 2 detoxification process, which is when broken down toxins are bound to other molecules so they can be excreted from your body.
So, drizzling this dressing over your salad not only makes that salad instantly tastier and gorgeous (which makes you instantly smile) but it’s actually going to help you clean out your body and give you extra nutrients?
Okay, let’s do this!
I’m going to show you how to make this dressing two ways…
You just go out and grab a container of ready-made beet hummus! Might I recommend Trader Joe’s–because it’s low in oil and sodium! I’ve also seen it at Sprouts and Whole Foods.
Best part? You don’t have to bust out your over-priced, high-speed blender! You can go old-school with your whisk and your will (heck, even a fork will suffice).
But what if you are on Dr. Fuhrman’s 6 week plan and need to avoid oil altogether?
I’ve got you covered!
NO OIL INSTRUCTIONS
Use my No-Oil Nutritarian Hummus recipe with these modifications:
- add 1/2 cup of cooked beets and reduce the water in the recipe by 1/4 cup, before you begin blending
- you can buy steamed beets (as long as they don’t have oil) or you could cut 2 medium beets into quarters, without removing the skin, and steam until soft.
Either way you go, you’re going to love this bright, slightly sweet dressing.
Soon you’ll be drizzling it on everything! (Might I suggest black beans, fresh avocado, and baked sweet potatoes, to start).
- 2/3 cup beet hummus
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- If you are using the no-oil option, prepare your hummus.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the hummus and water and whisk together well.
- Add dill, sesame seeds and garlic powder, whisk until incorporated.
- Store in refrigerator, in air-tight container for up to 10 days. Perfect for salads, drizzled over beans, fresh avocado and baked potatoes.
Sign up for my weekly post updates and get this eBook sent to you right away! I share how adding more salad to your existing diet will help you get healthier and lose weight–you pick your pace and follow 4 easy rules!
Like the MMTM Facebook page and join a community of people who want to regain their health with nutritional excellence!
Make sure to follow my popular Eat to Live Pinterest board too!