Buffalo “Chicken” Tacos
The crispy breading on the veggie wings gives the perfect contract to the soft corn tortillas, make sure to serve with a wedge of citrus to make the flavors bright! Garnished with your favorite taco toppings, you'll never miss the chicken!
As promised, here’s the last installment of the Morning Star Veggie Buffalo Wing recipes! If you missed them, check out the Buffalo Chicken-less Pizza and Buffalo “Chicken” Sandwich! These recipes are a great way to trick your older, spice-tolerant kids into having a Meatless Monday dinner that is super-tasty and full of soy and veggie protein!
BUFFALO CHICKEN-LESS TACOS:
- Morning Star Veggie Buffalo Wings
- corn tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- white vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Cajun spice mix (like Essence of Emeril)
- 1 can fat-free refried beans (I got these from Trader Joe’s)
- favorite taco toppings, like: cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, avocados, salsa, etc…
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees. Place buffalo wings on foil-lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (I used olive oil). Each taco takes 3-4 wings so bake according to number of tacos served.
- While wings are cooking, prepare the coleslaw. For every 1 1/2 cups of coleslaw add 2 tbsp. of mayo and 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Add salt, pepper, Cajun spice and Cayenne to taste. Combine well and place in refrigerator until ready.
- Prepare garnishes. Dice tomatoes, avocados, lemon wedges, etc… Heat refried black beans in microwave-safe bowl, adding about 2 tbsp. of water to allow to stir easier. Heat corn tortillas in microwave, covering with a damp paper towel, for about 35 seconds.
- Layer your refried beans, buffalo wings, and coleslaw on your warm tortilla. Top with shredded cheese diced avocado and tomato, salsa and sour cream (or whatever toppings you like) and squeeze with lemon wedge before eating!