If you’re searching for the next big, super-healthy, no oil, no salt, nutritarian dressing–welcome to herb tahini nirvana…
You don’t understand how foolishly happy I am to share this recipe with you!
First off, it’s my very first copy-cat recipe! That’s right, if you’re a Trader Joe’s frequenter then perhaps you’ve come across their new Green Tahini Dip & Sauce in the hummus and salsa area.
It was love at first bite for me and I knew I had only one mission: to nutritarian-ize it so I could dip, dunk and drizzle it to my heart’s content!
You have to go with fresh herbs for this herb tahini dressing, no exceptions.
Much like with my No-Oil Tofu Ranch Dressing recipe, when you can’t add salt or oil to a salad dressing, you depend on gaining that robust flavor you crave from fresh ingredients!
I opted to do a rough-chop of all the herbs and green onions so that there would be minimal time blending.
I’ve been asked quite a few times about my Vitamix, so I’m going to stop to say a few words about it. It’s the 5200, an older model that my hubby got me for Christmas a few years back. I love it with all my heart and use it daily!
Here’s my exact model, for those who have asked:
*Note: If you end up deciding that you’re ready for a Vitamix in your life and the 5200 model is your #1 choice, you can support this blog by purchasing it with this Amazon link! I will be setting up an Amazon store soon, so stay tuned!
You can totally go with fresh garlic in this recipe but I find that my garlic breath is just a little-less-stinky when I opt for garlic powder. I reserve my fresh garlic dishes for dinner so only my hubby has to deal with me.
My absolute favorite no-salt seasoning is this Kirkland brand from Costco:
And since the whole point of this dressing is for it to use no oil, you’re going to want to pay attention to the kind of tahini you’re using–sometimes they sneak oil up in there! This is the brand that I use, and it has only one ingredient: sesame seeds!
If you’re a bold-flavor-lover then you’re going to love this Herb Tahini dressing!
It’s creamy, savory, fresh, bright, lemony, garlicy and fragrant. It will be perfect over a bed of crispy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, shredded carrots, red cabbage and onions!
- 3/4 cup tahini (no oil added, should just have one ingredient: sesame seeds)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped curly parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 whole clove fresh garlic
- no-salt seasoning to taste (1 to 2 tsp. recommended)
- Add all ingredients in the order listed to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for about 20 to 30 seconds depending on the power of your blender. Monitor to make sure that there are still visible bits of herbs remaining.
- Use a spatula to scrape down sides.
- The consistency is more of a dip, to make it thinner for a dressing just scoop out 2 to 3 tbsp and add 1 to 2 tbsp of water or lemon juice.
- Store in an air-tight glass container (I highly recommend Mason jars for dressing storage), keeps for 7 days.
Please leave a comment if you give this herb tahini dressing recipe a try, I love to hear your feedback!
Let’s do better together! xo, Kristen
Do you love salads? Do you want to love them even more and lose weight while you’re at it?
Sign up for my weekly post updates and get this eBook sent to you right away! I share how adding more salad to your existing diet will help you get healthier and lose weight–you pick your pace and follow 4 easy rules!
Are you ready to be a eat to live food prepper? Find out the 8 essentials for weekly food prep using Dr. Fuhrman’s 6 week plan! Get your free printable weekly food prep schedule too!
Make sure to take the Eat to Live fridge tour! I’ll show you how to have a fridge-tox and the essentials you need in your fridge right now–plus print out two free printables for your fridge door!
Like the MMTM Facebook page and join a community of people who want to regain their health with nutritional excellence!